Universities currently associated with the Wasatch-Uinta consortium include the University of Illinois, University of Minnesota - Duluth, and the University of Wisconsin.
To enroll in field camp, students from consortium universities must:
- Submit a deposit of $200 before March 15th to secure your place in the Chateau Apres Lodge. Please make your deposit check payable to "Chateau Apres Lodge" and give it to your university's field camp contact person, who will then send it on to Dr. Stewart at the University of Illinois.
- Students must also enroll in the field camp course offered at your university and pay any tuition and other fees through your home institution
- Finally, you will need to pay for room & board at the Chateau Apres Lodge. The cost to students for room and board in summer 2020 is $1935. Your $200 deposit will be applied against this total and the remainder ($1735) will be due on arrival at the Chateau (check or cash only - the Chateau runs their end of things tight enough that credit card fees cut into money needed for operations). This fee covers food and lodging for six weeks, with the exception of Sunday breakfast and lunch and some of the meals on the trips away from Park City. The Chateau generally provides most of the food for overnight trips, but logistics necessitates that students will need to cover some of their personal meal expenses during these trips.
Outside Institutions & Online Application (last updated Sept. 2019)
Students from outside institutions commonly attend the Wasatch-Uinta field camp. One of the greatest benefits associated with attending this camp is the opportunity to work with a diverse group of students and staff from various schools. These individuals bring a wide range of skills and perspectives to this intense 6-week experience. The tuition for all students is the same as for in-state students enrolled at the University of Minnesota Duluth (was $2909 for 2019). Contact Michael Stewart (see below) directly to explore options that may be available for your personal situation.
- Those interested should complete an online application as early as possible to get in line for any spaces that may be available and to begin the enrollment process. NOTE: the online application will ask you to provide a thoughtful answer regarding your particular qualifications, special interests, or other reasons for wishing to participate in the Wasatch-Uinta Field Camp. Draft an answer to this question before begining your application and then cut & paste your text into the space provided.
- Once accepted, submit a check for $200 made out to the "Chateau Apres" to secure your place at camp. This deposit will be passed on to the Chateau Apres in late Spring and will be applied against your room and board fee ($1935 for summer 2020). The remainder of the room and board fee ($1735) is due on arrival at the Chateau (check, money order or cash only - the Chateau runs their end of things tight enough that credit card fees cut into money needed for operations). This fee covers food and lodging for six weeks, with the exception of Sunday breakfast and lunch and some of the meals on the trips away from Park City. The Chateau generally provides most of the food for overnight trips, but logistics necessitates that students will need to cover some of their personal meal expenses during these trips.
- Please mail your $200 deposit (personal or cashiers check made payable to "Chateau Apres") directly to Dr. Stewart at the following address.
Prof. Michael Stewart
UIUC Dept. of Geology
1301 W. Green St, 3018 NHB
Urbana, IL 61801
Last revised 1/23/2020